Graduate Program in Physics
Dear prospective student,
Thank you for your interest in joining the UMass Physics doctoral program. The information you will need to apply to the program can be found here. The application deadline is January 15 but we encourage early applications and we may make offers to exceptionally well-qualified applicants before the deadline. We suggest that you explore our research pages and reach out by email to one or more faculty members to discuss opportunities for graduate research. We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your application.
Graduate Admissions Chair
For current graduate students, and for prospective students seeking more detailed information:
- General Information:
- Requirements for Graduate Degrees:
- Requirements for the Ph.D. - for students entering in 2012 and afterwards
- Timeline for Satisfactory Ph.D. Progress
- Requirements for the M.S.
- Introductory course of study
- Miscellaneous Information: