The UMass Amherst Physics Department offers both the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Master of Science (M.S.) degrees with a wide variety of curricular and research opportunities for graduate students. For current UMass undergrads, we also offer an accelerated (4+1) Master's Program. All students in the graduate program are encouraged to make use of the many professional development opportunities available both through the department and the Graduate School's Office of Professional Development.
- Information for Current PhD Students.
- Information for Prospective PhD Students.
- Graduate Physics Research at UMass.
- Information for Current M.S. Students.
- Information for Prospective M.S. Students.
- The Accelerated (4+1) M.S. Program